Friday, October 5, 2012

Obamney for President

This is a letter I received from my cousin Bob. I don't think he'll mind if I post it  here.


Dear Peter,

I read your "Debate" piece on your blog.

It's interesting that in 1960, people who listened to the Kennedy/Nixon debate on the radio thought Nixon won and people who watched on TV thought Kennedy won.

I listened on the radio as I drove from Ashland, MA to Canton, MA - about 45 min on back roads.
I then listened as I shaved in the bathroom.

Dianne watched on TV and thought Romney clearly won. My impression from the RADIO was that
it was a draw, albeit Romney DID come across as more electrifying and confident.

Later, on WBZ, host Dan Rea talked about Obama's 'BODY LANGUAGE' which I had obviously not seen.
This morning on radio that's the BIG thing being talked about...how Obama LOOKED. Those who WATCHED
whether they like Obama or not thought he did badly.

I wish Romney was not the chameleon that he is. He has been all over the place on SO many issues and
while he did not raise taxes in Mass he DID increase fees FOURFOLD. Fees SKYROCKETED. And,
he has gone from very pro choice to pro life and pro gay rights to somewhat anti gay rights. On the other
hand, I really mean what I wrote in the past about Obama. He is a very nice guy who in my opinion has
absolutely no business being President.

I know I have pledged I will never vote for Romney. As it gets SO close to Nov, I actually MAY "hold my
nose and vote for him" but if I do it will be with little enthusiasm.

BOB


My only suggestion is that, since Massachusetts is clearly not competitive, if you don't  like either major party  candidate, find someone else, write in your own name, leave the presidential vote blank to voice your protest, or vote that perennial favorite, Mickey Mouse.

For myself,  I'll just repeat what I posted earlier this year. If Romney was a successful governor of Massachusetts, why isn't he competitive there in the presidential race? And if he wasn't a successful governor, what's he even doing running for president?

No comments:

Post a Comment